There are lot of things to do in the vibrant, multicultural city of Wollongong, but if you’re hosting your own party or event in the picturesque outdoors, you’ll need to be prepared.
No matter what scale you’re planning, preparing for your wedding, party or event is easier with a checklist and with the help of local vendors. Whether it’s a kids party, a school or 21st event, a company function, festival or a destination wedding, get the ball rolling with the following guidelines.
Identify the venue and set the date
For high-level events and weddings, you’ll want to give yourself at least four to six months prior to send out invitations, get organized and develop your master plan. For less visible parties or informal events, you may need less but it’s best to check the availability of outdoor spaces like parks or beaches in Wollongong well in advance.
Even if it’s in your own backyard, you’ll still want to do a weather forecast check and give your guests enough time to co-ordinate their diaries and confirm.
Remember to check venue details such as:
- There is an application form for wedding bookings of park or beach venues.
- Check availability of community centers or halls, and inspect the venue to see what it has or what you’ll need.
- Do you need to provide Wi-Fi for your guests or have access for your presentations?
- How many people are attending and does the location provide infrastructure such as power for A/V presentations or bathrooms?
- Where the local vendors are based that you can rely on to set up and provide equipment hire services?
- If your guests are going to be travelling to your chosen destination, is there nearby accommodation and do you need to consider transport to and from your venue?
Do a budget guestimate
- It may be hard to pin down the precise figures in the early stages of preparation, but you can do research on the cost of past or similar events.
- Once you know your estimated guest count, you can look at general prices for catering and equipment hire to get a sense of the range.
- Look for discounted specials at certain times of the year, or look for packages that cater to different size or type of events.
Once you have selected a location and date and have an idea of your budget, it’s time to get into the nitty gritty details.
Style, theme and décor
- If you’re looking for ideas and inspiration, look for a local showroom where you can experience all the options on offer.
- If you already know what you would like, speak to experienced party industry experts who can suggest practical solutions or put together a look based on your theme, brand, style and budget.
Equipment Hire Wollongong
Consider this checklist when looking for equipment for your wedding, party or event:
- A full range, size and type of marquee hire and awnings.
- Cocktail marquees.
- Tables and chairs, linen cloths and covers.
- Cutlery, crockery, glassware.
- Special wedding or formal event packages, including chandeliers, bar tables, helium kits and beer bins.
- Silk marquee linings, timbre floors for the dance floor, disco lights.
- Speakers and microphones, karaoke jukeboxes.
Party décor and accessories.
It is less stressful if you can source everything you need from one place, instead of rushing around to find different pieces of equipment from different places and then coordinating it all on the day.
Ensure that your equipment hire Wollongong service can deliver and set it up for you, too. Professional equipment hire services will advise on the size and amount you need for different events, and ensure that everything is in top condition, good working order and ready for the day or night.
From the reliable basics to stylish and luxurious packages that contain all the equipment you need for any size event, Discount Party Hire has a local, one stop shop in Bulli.
Catering and other party hire services
The quality of your food isn’t something you’ll want to compromise on.
- No matter what style or range of food you choose to offer your guests, choose a catering service that uses good quality ingredients and fresh food.
- Remember that your guests may have different requirements, so select a catering service that can offer a wide range or cook according to your needs.
- Don’t forget you may want chefs to carve and barmen and waitresses to serve the food.
Townsend Catering have been Sydney’s leading caterer for over 40 years, and now they are serving Wollongong is the same superb style. With their own butcher shop, prices are reasonable and guests rave about the food. They are a part of Discount Party Hire, so that you can access everything you need in one stop.
With shops in both Bulli and Moore bank, Discount Party Hire is a local equipment hire solution that has absolutely everything covered, and with extensive experience in providing a reliable, affordable and professional service for customers from Sydney to Wollongong.
All that remains is to enjoy your special day at destination Wollongong or with your local friends and family. Australians come from all over the country to experience our beautiful beaches. Dolphin and whale watching is an added bonus.